Sound Forge® Pro Mac 2.5
This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0 software. This document contains information about installing and using Sound Forge Pro software on your computer.
New features in version 2.5
- Metadata is now preserved when saving to Wave format.
- You can now hold Command+Option while clicking an envelope point to display an edit box to edit the point.
- Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering playback of .wav files exported from applications other than Sound Forge Pro Mac.
- Sound Forge Pro is 64-bit only. 32-bit audio plug-ins are not supported.
- If you add a plug-in to the Plug-In Chain during playback, Apogee audio interfaces may stop playing audio when working with sample rates greater than 48 kHz. Stop and restart playback to restore audio output.
- When recording into a selection, the Prerecord buffer setting is ignored.
- If you use the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog to assign a keyboard shortcut that conflicts with a system-level keyboard shortcut, the shortcut will be displayed in the Sound Forge Pro interface, but the behavior will be superseded by the system-level shortcut.
- Single-character, Shift-modified, and Option-modified keyboard shortcuts do not work correctly when assigned to the Toggle Full Screen command in the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog.
- You may experience audio stuttering on some computers when using the Loudness Meters with audio files with a large number of channels.
- The Apple Sample Rate and Bit Depth Converter plug-in can produce bad results with some source files that use uncommon sample rates in conjunction with certain Converter Complexity settings.
- No progress indicator is displayed when opening project files. When opening very large projects, Sound Forge Pro Mac can appear to hang. If you allow the process to run, the project will open successfully.
- When Options > Snapping > Zero Crossings is selected, you may not be able to drag the end of the loop region to the end of a file at some zoom levels. Hold Shift while dragging to override snapping or change the zoom level of the editor.
- The Channel Volume plug-in now uses dB scale for envelopes (rather than percentages). If you load projects that were created in previous versions of Sound Forge Pro Mac, your envelopes will not map to the dB values.
- Playing AIF files can result in stuttering playback on some systems.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. Sound Forge Pro software:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), or 10.11 (El Capitan)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space (for temporary files)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- Insert the Sound Forge Pro Mac disc or download the .dmg file from www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dl/sfpmac.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file or the application disc on your desktop.
- Drag the Sound Forge Pro icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Sound Forge Pro icon.
6.0 Sound Forge Pro User Manual
The Sound Forge Pro application disc includes a User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy viewing and printing of the text. The manual is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
You can purchase a printed copy of the manual from lulu.com.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2014. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.