Sound Forge® Pro Mac 2.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0 software. This document contains information about installing and using Sound Forge Pro software on your computer.
Notable fixes/changes in version 2.0.3
- Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to crash when deleting a preset in the Plug-In Chain.
Notable fixes/changes in version 2.0.2
- Metadata is now preserved when saving to Wave format.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash during startup if your user account was unable to create a folder in /Library/Audio/Presets/.
- Implemented various improvements to support OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
Notable fixes/changes in version 2.0.1
- Added support for reading and writing OGG files.
- Added automatic snapping to zero crossings (Options > Snapping > Zero Crossings).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the incorrect fade type to be selected when changing the fade type of overlapping events.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent very large project files (> 4 GB) from opening.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sound Forge Pro Mac to start only for the user account that was used to install the application.
New features in version 2.0
- Added loudness meters and loudness logging.
- Added support for ripple editing in event-editing mode. Choose Options > Event > Auto Ripple to toggle automatic ripple editing for downstream events.
- Added support for moving markers, regions, and envelope points with event and audio selections. Choose Options > Lock to Selection > Markers/Regions and Options > Lock to Selection > Envelope Points to toggle marker/region and envelope-point locking.
- Added support for splitting events at the cursor or region boundaries.
- Added support for snapping selections to zero crossings.
- Added support for automatically trimming audio.
- Added a customizable editing toolbar.
- Added Create new region and Create new window recording modes.
- Added support for drag-and-drop event pasting and mixing.
- Added support for editing files in SpectraLayers Pro 2.0. Added support for reading and saving FLAC audio.
- Added support for pasting and mixing events by holding Command while moving events by dragging them.
- Sound Forge Pro is 64-bit only. 32-bit audio plug-ins are not supported.
- If you add a plug-in to the Plug-In Chain during playback, Apogee audio interfaces may stop playing audio when working with sample rates greater than 48 kHz. Stop and restart playback to restore audio output.
- When recording into a selection, the Prerecord buffer setting is ignored.
- If you use the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog to assign a keyboard shortcut that conflicts with a system-level keyboard shortcut, the shortcut will be displayed in the Sound Forge Pro interface, but the behavior will be superseded by the system-level shortcut.
- Single-character, Shift-modified, and Option-modified keyboard shortcuts do not work correctly when assigned to the Toggle Full Screen command in the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog.
- You may experience audio stuttering on some computers when using the Loudness Meters with audio files with a large number of channels.
- Metadata is not preserved when saving to Wave format.
- The Apple Sample Rate and Bit Depth Converter plug-in can produce bad results with some source files that use uncommon sample rates in conjunction with certain Converter Complexity settings.
- No progress indicator is displayed when opening project files. When opening very large projects, Sound Forge Pro Mac can appear to hang. If you allow the process to run, the project will open successfully.
- When Options > Snapping > Zero Crossings is selected, you may not be able to drag the end of the loop region to the end of a file at some zoom levels. Hold Shift while dragging to override snapping or change the zoom level of the editor.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. Sound Forge Pro software:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), or 10.10 (Yosemite)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space (for temporary files)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- Insert the Sound Forge Pro Mac disc or download the .dmg file from www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dl/sfpmac.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file or the application disc on your desktop.
- Drag the Sound Forge Pro icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Sound Forge Pro icon.
6.0 Sound Forge Pro User Manual
The Sound Forge Pro application disc includes a User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy viewing and printing of the text. The manual is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
You can purchase a printed copy of the manual from lulu.com.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2014. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.