Sound Forge® Pro Mac 1.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0 software. This document contains information about installing and using Sound Forge Pro software on your computer.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.0.21
- When playing mono files, audio is now played through channels 1 and 2. You can use the Audio tab in the Preferences dialog to assign channels from multichannel audio files to outputs on your sound card.
- You can now set default event curve types (Options > Event > Default Fade In/Out).
- Added a Trim command to the Edit menu.
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash on certain systems during automatic window restoration (startup).
- Fixed issues that could cause crashes and drawing issues during resizing and full-screen transitions.
- Fixed a problem with importing and exporting mp3 metadata.
- Fixed an issue importing markers and regions that are past the end of a file.
- Addressed drawing issues with certain buttons under Mountain Lion.
- Fixed issues with event snapping.
- Meter channels now update immediately on tab changes.
- The Process button is no longer unavailable during process and effect previewing.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.0.20
- Fixed an issue that could cause application menus to be displayed incorrectly when the system language is not English.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the application to become unresponsive when applying a process to an empty editor.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly allowed plug-ins to be applied via the Plug-In Chooser when in event mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the application to open with an incorrect tool layout.
- Sound Forge Pro is 64-bit only. 32-bit audio plug-ins are not supported.
- If a Sound Forge Pro project uses plug-ins that are not available on your system, the plug-in chain will be omitted when loading and saving the project.
- If you add a plug-in to the Plug-In Chain during playback, Apogee audio interfaces may stop playing audio when working with sample rates greater than 48 kHz. Stop and restart playback to restore audio output.
- When using a multichannel Digidesign audio interface, you may be unable to assign channels above 10 on the Audio tab of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog. Use the Digidesign Core Audio Manager to configure your hardware to S/PDIF mode.
- When recording into a selection, the Prerecord buffer setting is ignored.
- If you remove all plug-ins from a chain, the New Plug-In Chain preset is not removed from the Preset drop-down list in the Plug-In Chain tool and the Effects > Plug-In Chains menu until you quit and restart Sound Forge Pro.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. Sound Forge Pro software:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space (for temporary files)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- Insert the Sound Forge Pro Mac disc or download the .dmg file from www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dl/sfpmac.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file or the application disc on your desktop.
- Drag the Sound Forge Pro icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Sound Forge Pro icon.
6.0 Sound Forge Pro User Manual
The Sound Forge Pro application disc includes a User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy viewing and printing of the text. The manual is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
You can purchase a printed copy of the manual from lulu.com.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2012. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.