DVD Architect™ Pro 6.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
||Applicable to boxed products only. If you've purchased a downloadable
product, an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the product documentation
is available from our Web
Thank you for purchasing DVD Architect 6.0 software. This document contains information about installing
and using DVD Architect on
2.0 What's New
- Support for burning stereoscopic 3D video to Blu-ray Disc.
- Interactive tutorials.
- If you save a project from an earlier version of DVD Architect software in DVD Architect 6.0, it will be unusable in earlier versions of the software. Use the Save As dialog to save the project with a new name after editing it in DVD Architect 6.0.
- Some Blu-ray Disc players will not support playback of 192 Kbps PCM audio. For increased compatibility with these players, you can provide a secondary audio track using lower-sample-rate PCM audio or AC-3 audio.
- Attempting to access your DVD or Blu-ray Disc burner (by browsing with Windows Explorer, searching the drive, or starting an application that scans for available drives, for example) while burning your project can cause burning to fail.
- External monitor output is for visualizing colors, menu layout, and safe areas only and is not an indication of playback synchronization of the final burned disc.
- The Macromedia Flash (SWF) reader plug-in does not read files saved as Flash 6.0 or higher. Please save your files in the Flash 5 format.
Flash files that contain Actionscript or motion video will not be interpreted correctly by the Flash reader plug-in.
- Not all DVD players can play all types of recordable DVD media. For example, some players cannot read +RW discs, and some players are unable to read the second layer on dual-layer discs. To confirm media compatibility, please refer to your DVD player's documentation/specifications.
- 16:9 Full Height Anamorphic (FHA) QuickTime files do not render as anamorphic.
- DVD Architect supports only 2-channel MXF files.
- When using media that was rendered outside of DVD Architect, video buffer underflow errors can occur during project preparation if portions of a video stream exceed the project's bit rate. You can use the Optimize Disc dialog to force recompression (re-encoding) of the media file, and the project will prepare without error.
- We recommend that you do not adjust the Windows paging file size below the setting recommended in the Windows Virtual Memory dialog. Doing so could cause errors during the render process when working with large files.
- Waveforms for AC-3 files rendered from Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition will not draw correctly. The left-channel audio will appear as a flat line and the left channel will not preview. DVDs created from these files will, however, play back correctly.
- Using noncompliant 5.1 surround audio can result in changes in channel levels after burning your project. Please refer to the DVD Architect manual or online help for more information about rendering compliant files.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using DVD Architect Pro software:
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows 7, or Windows 8
- 1 GHz processor
- 400 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 1 GB RAM
- OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for external-monitor preview)
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW or BD-R/-RE drive
- Microsoft DirectX® 9.0c or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by DVD Architect Pro software to your computer.
Installing from a disc
- Place the DVD Architect Pro application disc in the drive. The setup screen is displayed if AutoPlay is enabled for your DVD-ROM drive.
||If you have turned off the drive's AutoPlay feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your DVD drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Click Install, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the appropriate version of DVD Architect Pro software for your computer.
Installing from the Web
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of DVD Architect Pro software for your computer.
6.0 DVD Architect Pro User Manual
Included on the DVD Architect Pro application disc is a complete DVD Architect Pro User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy printing of the text, should you need a hard copy. The manual is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
In order to view the manual, you will need to install
Adobe Reader. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
You can purchase a printed copy of the manual from lulu.com.
If you would like information or demos of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software Inc. there.
Commercial distribution of the Sony Creative Software Inc. demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2012. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.