Thank you for purchasing DVD Architect 5.0 software. This document contains information about installing
and using DVD Architect on
2.0 What's New in Version 5.0
- Burning to Blu-ray Disc
- Full-screen previewing to secondary Windows display
- Support for opening MPEG-2 and AVCHD video files
Support for using AC3 and PCM audio with HD video
- Support for creating .iso files and burning to DVD or Blu-ray Disc
- If you save a project from an earlier version of DVD Architect software in DVD Architect 5.0, it will be unusable in DVD Architect version 3.0 or earlier. Use the Save As dialog to save the project with a new name after editing it in DVD Architect 5.0. DVD Architect versions 4.0 and 4.5 can open version 5.0 projects; however, any Blu-ray Disc settings in the project will be lost.
- High-definition video places high demands on your system resources. To ensure maximum stability, we recommend limiting your projects to 20 or fewer high-definition video files.
- Some Blu-ray Disc players will not support playback of 192 Kbps PCM audio. For increased compatibility with these players, you can provide a secondary audio track using lower-sample-rate PCM audio or AC-3 audio.
- Attempting to access your DVD or Blu-ray Disc burner (by browsing with Windows Explorer, searching the drive, or starting an application that scans for available drives, for example) while burning your project can cause burning to fail.
- External monitor output is for visualizing colors, menu layout, and safe areas only and is not an indication of playback synchronization of the final burned disc.
- The Macromedia Flash (SWF) reader plug-in does not read files saved as Flash 6.0 or higher. Please save your files in the Flash 5 format.
Flash files that contain Actionscript or motion video will not be interpreted correctly by the Flash reader plug-in.
- Not all DVD players can play all types of recordable DVD media. For example, some players cannot read +RW discs, and some players are unable to read the second layer on dual-layer discs. To confirm media compatibility, please refer to your DVD player's documentation/specifications.
- 16:9 Full Height Anamorphic (FHA) QuickTime files do not render as anamorphic.
- DVD Architect supports only 2-channel MXF files.
- Your DVD Architect version 4.5 preferences will not persist when you update to version 5.0.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using DVD Architect software:
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by DVD Architect software to your computer.
Installing from a boxed product
Installing from the Web
- Place the DVD Architect application disc in the drive. The setup screen is displayed (if AutoPlay is enabled for your DVD-ROM drive).
||If you have disabled the drive's AutoPlay feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your DVD drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Click Install, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the appropriate version of DVD Architect for your computer.
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of DVD Architect for your computer.
6.0 DVD Architect User Manual
Included on the DVD Architect application disc is a complete DVD Architect User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy printing of the text, should you need a hard copy. The manual is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
Installing Adobe Reader
In order to view the manual, you will need to install the Adobe Reader. It has been included on the application disc in the \Extras\Adobe Reader folder for your convenience. To install Acrobat Reader, follow these steps:
- Place the DVD Architect application disc in the drive. AutoPlay launches an installation menu.
||If you have disabled the drive's AutoPlay feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type D:\Extras\Adobe Reader\English\AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe, where D is the drive letter of your DVD drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Choose Browse Disc, and then browse to the D:\Extras\Adobe Reader\English\ folder.
- Double-click the AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe icon and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements there.
Commercial distribution of trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
1617 Sherman Ave.
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-204-7703 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2008. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.