This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Convrt 1.0 software. This document contains information about installing and using Convrt software on your computer.
Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool is a freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Simply import your files, create a script, and let Convrt do the rest.
Convrt handles repetitive chores in the background while you continue recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace
- Convrt is 64-bit only. 32-bit audio plug-ins are not supported.
- When using Convrt with OS X 10.7 (Lion), Convrt can crash when running a project that uses Apple MPEG-4 AudioBooks as an output format.
- Convrt can crash on some computers when previewing audio files with varying sample rates using a Core Audio device.
- Convrt can crash on some computers when control-clicking the Dock icon and choosing Quit. Project changes are saved correctly before the crash. Convrt does not crash when choosing Quit from the main Convrt menu.
- The iZotope Mastering Effects Bundle and Restore and Repair Tools (included with Sound Forge Pro Mac) are not available in Convrt.
- When using Convrt with OS X 10.7 (Lion), Convrt does not convert MP3 files to 3GP, 3GPP-2, AAC ADTS, or CAF format when converting from stereo to stereo (or mono to mono).
- The Output pane allows you to choose some presets that are not valid for the selected output format.
- When changing the output sample rate in a project that was opened automatically, the output settings can revert to No Value. Select your desired output settings again before processing the project.
- When using the Auto Trim plug-in, silence is removed from the beginnings of files only when the Trim silence from ends preset is selected.
- When processing large batches of files, Convert may appear unresponsive. If you allow the job to run, it will complete successfully.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. Convrt software:
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 10.9 (Mavericks)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space (for temporary files)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- Insert the Sound Forge Pro Mac disc or download the .dmg file from www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dl/sfpmac.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file or the application disc on your desktop.
- Drag the Convrt icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Convrt icon.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
7.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2014. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.