CD Architect 5.2d
This document contains information on the following topics:
||Applicable to boxed products only. If you've purchased a downloadable
product, an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the product documentation
is available from our Web
Thank you for purchasing Sony Creative Software Inc. CD Architect 5.2 software. This document contains information about installing
and using CD Architect on
Notable changes in 5.2d
- Fixed an issue writing Red Book CD ISRC information.
Notable changes in 5.2c
Notable changes in 5.2b
- Support has been added for FLAC.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause a Windows error to appear upon start up when using Microsoft® Windows Vista™.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented certain optical drives from appearing within the application.
Notable changes in 5.2a
Support has been added for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Support has been added for opening ATRAC3™, ATRAC3plus™, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless™ files.
- Expanded drive support.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when opening a project and searching for missing media.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when moving markers with long names.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when creating overlapping track markers.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when selecting undo after creating a region.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented subcodes from being read when extracting audio from CD.
Notable changes in 5.2
- CD Text support.
- Editing of source projects from rendered media.
Notable changes in 5.0a
- A bug has been fixed that prevented rewritable discs from being erased when you selected the Full erase mode in the Erase CD dialog.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented full subcode scans in Windows 98 and Me.
What's New in Version 5.0
- 32-bit, 192 kHz source audio support
- High-quality resampling and dithering
- Trimmer window
- Undo/redo history list
- Multiple file format support
- Media file previewing
- Tabbed/docking windows
- Greater than 1:1 zoom
- Ripple editing
- Dual monitor support
- Toolbar customization
- Media Explorer window
- Autosave crash recovery
- MP3, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Windows Media™ Audio import
- Over 20 real-time DirectX® effects
- Event and master bus effects model
- Audio phase invert
- Event normalize
- Audio layering with complex crossfades
- Real-time pitch change/time stretch
- Unlimited volume envelope points
- Audio scrubbing
CD design & burning
- Expanded drive support including USB and FireWire devices
- Smart track reordering
- Multiple takes for events
- Buffer underrun protection (with supported CD burning drive)
- Cue sheet printing
- Audio clipping detection
- Automatic pause time indication
- If you have a USB SmartMedia reader device installed on
your PC, you may experience problems when you attempt to
access your CD drive from CD Architect software for extracting
audio or burning CDs. This is due to an error in the SmartMedia
reader driver. Using the Unplug or Eject Hardware Wizard
to remove the reader should allow CD Architect software to function
- On some computers running Windows XP, CD Architect is unable to create Red Book CDs using the PlexWriter 24/10/40A CD burner.
- Some burners (such as the Pioneer DVR-104) cannot burn audio if the Prot check box on the Track List window is not selected.
- Some burners (such as the LG CD-RW CED-8080B) cannot use the Test first, then burn CD option in the Burn Disc-at-Once Audio CD dialog because the drive needs to eject the disc between the test and actual burn.
- When using a USB 2.0 drive with third-party drivers, please ensure you're using the most recent drivers. Your drive may not appear in CD Architect 5.0 if you are using old drivers.
- If your Philips or Philips-manufactured CD burner fails during CD burning, select the Skip drive database, autodetect drive capabilities on startup check box on the General tab of the Preferences dialog. This will cause scanning for CD devices to take a bit longer, but should resolve the error.
- lf CD Architect software incorrectly detects that your CD recorder is not able to write CD Text, select the Overwrite CD Text autodetection results check box on the General tab of the Preferences dialog to turn on CD Text writing for your drive.
Please check the documentation provided with your CD recorder to determine whether the drive is able to write CD Text.
- Attempting to burn your project to a DVD disc or use the Erase CD dialog to erase a DVD will result in an error.
- If you uninstall CD Architect 5.0 after installing CD Architect 5.2, .cdp files will no longer be associated with CD Architect software and an incorrect icon will be displayed for .cdp files. You can restore the association by double-clicking a .cdp file and choosing Sony CD Architect from the Programs list.
- Windows Vista™ does not include support for Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe), which is used to display context-sensitive What'sThis help. You can use the application's HTML help by choosing Contents and Index from the help menu.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. CD Architect software:
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Windows Vista™, or Windows 7
- 500 MHz processor
- 150 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 128 MB RAM
- Windows-compatible sound card
- CD-ROM drive (for installation from a CD only)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive
- DirectX® Media 9.0 Run Time (included on CD-ROM)
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or later
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by CD Architect software to your computer.
Installing from CD
- Place the CD Architect CD-ROM in the drive. The setup screen
is displayed (if CD-ROM AutoPlay is enabled).
||If you have disabled the CD-ROM AutoPlay
feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type
D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your
CD-ROM drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to
complete the installation.
- Click Install, and then follow the on-screen
prompts to install the appropriate version of CD Architect for
Installing from the Web
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of CD Architect for your computer.
6.0 CD Architect User Manual
Included on the CD Architect CD is a complete CD Architect User Manual in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy
printing of the text, should you need a hard copy. The manual
is located in the Manual folder on the CD.
Installing Adobe Reader
In order to view the manual, you will need to install
the Adobe Reader. It has been included on the application disc in the
\Extras\Adobe Reader folder for your convenience. To
install Acrobat Reader, follow these steps:
- Place the CD Architect application disc in the drive. AutoPlay
launches an installation menu.
||If you have disabled the drive's AutoPlay
feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type
where D is the drive letter of your CD or DVD drive,
and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Choose Browse Disc , and then browse to
the D:\Extras\Adobe Reader\English\ folder.
- Double-click the AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe icon and follow
the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. The Web site always has the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software Inc.
Commercial distribution of the Sony Creative Software Inc. demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2011. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.