This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Catalyst Prepare. This document contains information about installing and using Catalyst Prepare
Notable fixes/changes in version 2.0
- Added presets for exporting Apple ProRes clips (OS X only).
- Added support for XDCAM PD proxy files when browsing PDW-700, PDW-800, and PDW-850 flash memory.
- Added support for copying a snapshot of the current frame to the clipboard.
- Added support for adding, deleting, and editing essence marks.
- Added support for sequentially previewing multiple selected clips.
- Added support for scaling the video preview in the Adjust Color workspace.
- Added support for HiDPI displays when running under Windows.
- Added audio channel configuration controls to the Summary tab in the Inspector.
- Added audio channel tools to the Summary tab in the Inspector to allow you to load and save channel-configuration presets or copy channel assignments and paste them to multiple selected files.
- Thumbnail images now reflect color correction settings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when canceling an import operation.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to freeze when exporting a storyboard to Adobe Premiere on a computer with a French or German operating system.
- Fixed a bug that could cause transcoding to fail when the source media resolution did not match the target resolution.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect timecode values when transcoding an SD clip to an HD format.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some unsupported files from displaying their unsupported status correctly in the Video Preview (OS X only).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Grade in drop-down list in the Options menu to be empty when you first start the application.
- Improved image quality for files transcoded to XAVC format.
- Catalyst Prepare 2.0 is a free upgrade to owners of Catalyst Prepare. If you purchased and registered any previous version of Catalyst Prepare, a new Catalyst Prepare 2.0 serial number will be created in your My Account profile on sonycreativesoftware.com.
For online registration, just log in on the registration web page after starting Catalyst Prepare 2.0, and the serial number will be preselected for you.
For offline registration, log in to the web site from another device and find your serial number (https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/mysoftware).
Version 2.0 serial numbers will also be provided to registered owners via e-mail.
Features in version 1.0
Catalyst Prepare is the fast, simple, reliable path from camera to post.
- In Import mode, you can browse your computer for media files that you want to import to your media libraries.
- In Organize mode, you can browse and organize the clips in your media libraries.
- In Edit mode, you can preview media, mark in and out points, and apply color correction.
- In Export mode, you can export clips to additional volumes or devices and transcode files.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.2
- Added support for rendering to XDCAM HD and HD422 formats.
- Improved performance for previewing RAW video.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.1
- Added a Vectorscope tool to the Adjust Color workspace.
- Added Brightness and Contrast sliders to the Adjust Color workspace.
- Added support for reading Apple ProRes 422 files (OS X only).
- Added support for exporting DNxHD clips.
- Added support to combine to one file when copying a spanned AVCHD clip.
- Added support for reading SD MPEG-2 clips.
- Added support for writing XDCAM EX clips to SxS memory cards.
- Added support for transcoding to interlaced XAVC formats.
- Added support for showing additional metadata values in the Media Browser.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the application from reading some files recorded by the PXW-FS7 camera.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent color correction settings from being applied to all clips in a clip list.
Please note that you'll be asked to register again after installing the version 1.1 update.
- When exporting clips, the application can crash if you use the New Folder button in the Export To dialog and select the new folder as your export destination (OS X only).
- The application may not display if you run the application on a secondary monitor and then restart the application with the secondary monitor disconnected. Hold Ctrl+Shift when starting the application to reset the application settings.
- When playing 4K clips, the video preview can display irregularities on some systems that do not meet the system requirements for 4K media.
- ASC-CDL (.cdl) files are not displayed in the Load ASC-CDL dialog when the file is saved in a known folder structure (such as an XAVC or XDCAM volume). Saving the ASC-CDL files in a generic location such as the General folder will allow you to load them.
- The application may fail to start on some notebook computers with the Intel HD Graphics graphics adapter. Please visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com to manually download and install the latest driver for your graphics adapter.
- If the application displays “A compatible graphics card that supports OpenCL 1.1 is required for GPU acceleration. Please install updated graphics drivers or install a compatible graphics card.” please try to install a newer graphics driver. If that is not possible, install the Intel OpenCL runtime for CPU: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers.
- If playback is not smooth when previewing high-resolution clips, click the magnifying glass in the video preview window and decrease the preview resolution.
- Metadata cannot be saved in non-MXF files — and some MXF files — that are not in a folder structure.
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.1.1 or later is required when using an external monitor via a Blackmagic Design SDI or UltraStudio device.
- Spanned AVCHD clips may exhibit audio and video noise when previewing the transition between clips. Transcoding is not available for spanned AVCHD clips. We recommend that you copy the clips to your local drive before working with them.
- If you need to format an SxS card, please use the Memory Media Utility.
- If you need to format or finalize an XDCAM Professional Disc volume, please use the XDCAM Drive Software.
- Transcoding performance can be slow when transcoding to an exFAT-formatted SxS card on Windows.
- When exporting a storyboard, the Destination folder exports to your Home folder by default, resulting in a failed export. Choosing a different folder will allow the export to complete successfully (OS X only).
- In some cases, the Split-Screen Preview button in the Adjust Color workspace does not match the current preview.
- In some cases, metadata and mark in/out points that were edited in Catalyst Browse are not preserved after importing an XDCAM clip into Catalyst Prepare.
- When using the Upload to Ci feature, Catalyst Prepare selects your first workspace by default. If that workspace is too small, uploading is not permitted.
- If you add a .cube file to the Catalyst Prepare ColorManagement/Looks folder or rename a file in that folder, your Catalyst Prepare library may apply the incorrect look to some of your clips.
- If you close the application while a render is in progress, you will be unable to cancel the render.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Catalyst Prepare:
- Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2 GHz multicore processor (8 cores recommended for 4K media)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K media)
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU
with support for the following:
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- OpenGL 2.1
- OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 512 MB of memory (2 GB recommended for 4K media) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Catalyst Prepare to your computer.
Installing on Windows
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of Catalyst Prepare for your computer.
Installing on OS X
- Download the Catalyst Prepare DMG file from our Web
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Drag the Catalyst Browse icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
7.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
© 2015. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
XDCAM, XDCAM EX, XAVC, XAVC S, NXCAM, SxS and Professional Disc are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries. For more information, see http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/licensenotices