This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Catalyst Edit. This document contains information about installing and using Catalyst Edit.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.0.1
- The default audio pan type for new audio channels and tracks is now Constant power.
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing tools (E, C, P, T, and F) are now available when the timeline has focus. In version 1.0, clip focus was required.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash if your Catalyst Edit project contained an empty track when you used Project > Export.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when switching the Video processing device setting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a clip to jump to the beginning of the timeline when dragging it to the end of the timeline.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Tools > Replace media with selection to be unavailable for offline clips.
- Fixed a bug that could cause audio-only MP4 files to display the incorrect thumbnail image in the Media Browser.
- Fixed a bug that could cause spanned clips to display incorrect audio peaks in List mode in the Media Browser.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from canceling a render if you closed the application while a render was in progress.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the cursor to be displayed incorrectly when using the Fade Tool.
- Fixed a bug where moving the application window from a non-Retina screen to a Retina screen did not use Retina resolution for the video until the frame changed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented clips from being pasted using shortcut keys (Ctrl+V or ⌘-V).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the cursor to be positioned incorrectly when clicking a clip with snapping enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to incorrectly state that installation was successful when attempting to install to a disk with insufficient space.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to incorrectly report render failures on some computers (OS X only).
Features in version 1.0
Catalyst Edit is your focused, fast cutting tool for 4K, RAW, and HD video.
- A robust and powerful workflow for Sony RAW, various 4K
formats, as well as SD and HD clips.
- A workflow that makes it easy for video professionals to
deal with multichannel audio and video files.
- Tight integration with Catalyst Prepare that enables
Catalyst Edit to take advantage of all your Catalyst Prepare
organization, color adjustments, and storyboarding.
- Powerful timeline editing tools provide fast and efficient
- When playing 4K clips, the video preview can display irregularities on some systems that do not meet the system requirements for 4K media.
- The application may fail to start on some notebook computers with the Intel HD Graphics graphics adapter. Please visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com to manually download and install the latest driver for your graphics adapter.
- If the application displays “A compatible graphics card that supports OpenCL 1.1 is required for GPU acceleration. Please install updated graphics drivers or install a compatible graphics card.” please try to install a newer graphics driver. If that is not possible, install the Intel OpenCL runtime for CPU: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers.
- If playback is not smooth when previewing high-resolution clips, drag the transport bar to reduce the size of the video preview window and decrease the preview resolution.
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.1.1 or later is required when using an external monitor via a Blackmagic Design SDI or UltraStudio device.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Catalyst Edit:
- Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2 GHz multicore processor (8 cores recommended for 4K media)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K media)
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU
with support for the following:
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- OpenGL 2.1
- OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 512 MB of memory (2 GB recommended for 4K media) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Catalyst Edit to your computer.
Installing on Windows
- Download the provided Catalyst Edit install utility.
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of Catalyst Edit for your computer.
Installing on OS X
- Download the provided Catalyst Edit DMG file.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Drag the Catalyst Edit icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
7.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
© 2015. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
XDCAM, XDCAM EX, XAVC, XAVC S, NXCAM, SxS and Professional Disc are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries. For more information, see http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/licensenotices