Catalyst Browse 1.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for purchasing Catalyst Browse 1.0 software. This document contains information about installing and using Catalyst Browse software on your computer.
Features in version 1.0
Catalyst Browse is a free clip-management tool for the latest portfolio of Sony camcorders and decks
- The Media Browser pane allows you to browse the media files on drives and devices connected to your computer.
- The Video pane allows you to preview media files.
- The Inspector pane allows you to view metadata saved in media files.
- The Adjust Color workspace allows you to adjust the color content of your clips.
- Clip lists allow you to assemble clips when working with XDCAM media in an XD root folder, XAVC media in an XD root folder, and RAW media in an AxS folder.
Catalyst Browse is designed to support clips from Sony cameras and devices. For expanded device support, please consider Catalyst Prepare.
Notable fixes/changes in version 1.0.1
- Fixed a bug that prevented RAW files from previewing correctly when using the NVIDIA GeForce 340.52 drivers for Windows.
- The application may not display if you run the application on a secondary monitor and then restart the application with the secondary monitor disconnected. Hold Ctrl+Shift when starting the application to reset the application settings.
- When playing 4K clips, the video preview can display irregularities on some systems that do not meet the system requirements for 4K media.
- ASC-CDL (.cdl) files are not displayed in the Load ASC-CDL dialog when the file is saved in a known folder structure (such as an XAVC or XDCAM volume). Saving the ASC-CDL files in a generic location such as the General folder will allow you to load them.
- The application may fail to start on some notebook computers with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics adapter. Please visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com to manually download and install the latest driver for your graphics adapter.
- If the application displays “A compatible graphics card that supports OpenCL 1.1 is required for GPU acceleration. Please install updated graphics drivers or install a compatible graphics card.” please try to install a newer graphics driver. If that is not possible, install the Intel OpenCL runtime for CPU: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers.
- If playback is not smooth when previewing high-resolution clips, click the magnifying glass in the video preview window and decrease the preview resolution.
- When viewing a clip list, color correction settings may not be applied to all clips. To view a clip with the correct color correction settings, double-click the clip on the clip list timeline to enter Clip mode.
- Metadata cannot be saved in non-MXF files — and some MXF files — that are not in a folder structure.
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.1.1 or later is required when using an external monitor via a Blackmagic Design SDI or UltraStudio device.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Catalyst Browse software:
- Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9 (Mavericks)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU
with support for the following:
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
- OpenGL 2.1
- OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 512 MB of memory (2 GB recommended for 4K) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Catalyst Browse software to your computer.
Installing on Windows
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of Catalyst Browse for your computer.
Installing on OS X
- Download the Catalyst Browse DMG file from our Web
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Drag the Catalyst Browse icon into to your Applications folder to install it on your computer.
If you would like information or trial/demo versions of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
trials, demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software
Commercial distribution of the trials and demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc.
7.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2014. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
XDCAM, XDCAM EX, XAVC, XAVC S, NXCAM, SxS and Professional Disc are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries. For more information, see http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/licensenotices