Sound Forge® Audio Studio™ 10.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
||Applicable to boxed products only. If you've purchased a downloadable
product, an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the product documentation
is available from our Web
Thank you for purchasing Sony Creative Software Inc. Sound Forge Audio Studio
10.0. This document contains information
about installing and using Sound Forge Audio Studio on your computer.
Notable fixes/changes in version 10.0 (Build 177)
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Vinyl Recording and Restoration Wizard to run in demo mode on registered installations.
What's new in version 10.0
- Enhanced Vinyl Recording and Restoration Tool.
- Resonant Filter plug-in.
- Metadata windows.
- Enhanced window layout management — save, recall, and share custom window layouts.
- Floating window docks.
- Tabbed browsing for maximized data windows.
- Custom selection grid lines.
- Time Display Window.
- 32-bit (IEEE float), 192 kHz .wav support.
- AAC reading and rendering.
If you want to create audio files for Apple iPod®, choose Fraunhofer AAC from the Save as type drop-down list in the Save As dialog.
- FLAC reading and rendering.
- Added support for Contour Design ShuttlePRO and ShuttleXpress multimedia controllers.
- Copy-protected ATRAC audio files may fail to preview correctly or may open as silence.
- The LPEC format limits title metadata to 126 Unicode characters and artist metadata to 14 Unicode characters. Metadata that exceeds these limits will be truncated when rendering to LPEC format.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Sony Creative Software Inc. Sound Forge Audio Studio:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 3 or later), Windows Vista™ (Service Pack 2 or later), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- 1 GHz processor
- 350 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 512 MB RAM
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Microsoft DirectX® 9.0c or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on application disc)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc. to activate the software.
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Sound Forge Audio Studio to your computer.
Installing from a Disc
- Place the Sound Forge Audio Studio application disc in the drive. The setup screen
is displayed (if AutoPlay is enabled for your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive).
||If you have turned off the drive's AutoPlay
feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type
D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your
CD or DVD drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to
complete the installation.
- Click Install, and then follow the on-screen
prompts to install the appropriate version of Sound Forge Audio Studio for
Installing from the Web
- Download the install utility from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of Sound Forge Audio Studio for your computer.
6.0 Sound Forge Audio Studio Quick Start Guide
Included on the Sound Forge Audio Studio application disc is a Sound Forge Audio Studio Quick Start Guide
in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. The Acrobat format allows easy
printing of the text, should you need a hard copy. The manual
is located in the Manual folder on the application disc.
In order to view the Quick Start Guide, you will need to install
Adobe Reader. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
If you would like information or demos of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software Inc.
Commercial distribution of the Sony Creative Software Inc. demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc..
8.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
8215 Greenway Boulevard
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Telephone support during normal office hours:
- 1-800-577-6642 (toll-free) in US, Canada, and Virgin Islands.
- +608-203-7620 for all other countries.
- Fax: 1-608-250-1745.
Copyright © 2015. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.